Tides Training & Consultancy is a national award winning, ethically based voluntary non-profit training organisation. We are committed to helping build the community infrastructure necessary to sustain a lasting and equitable peace in situations which have experienced violent conflict.
- Is constructed from five separate elements which act as the core value base for the functioning of the company. These are; Transformation, Interdependence, Diversity, Equity and Sustainability. These principles form the base for all its work.
- Will seek to support community building through the development of Community Relations/Conflict Management programmes and training provision, primarily, but not exclusively, within the territory of Northern Ireland and the Border counties of the Republic of Ireland, without distinction of age, sex, race, sexual orientation, (dis)ability, political, religious or other opinion.
TIDES recognises that the building of a sustainable peace requires the development of an effective community infrastructure that can build confidence and trust across all parts of the community of Northern Ireland. It is committed to achieving this through:
- The delivery of a quality trainings and Training of Trainers programme in Community Relations, Conflict Management, Advanced Group Work Skills and Citizenship.
- Building cross-community programmes in areas that have directly experienced violence and ongoing tensions which can implement effective local strategies working towards conflict reduction, meditative communication and community development initiatives.
- Supporting ongoing systemic and organisational management development for these initiatives to help build a sustainable future for local projects.
- Directly supporting the evolution, piloting and development of new practice based projects.
- Undertaking and supporting the research and evaluation of the methodological base supporting community relations and conflict management approaches.
- Wherever possible to engage all of these approaches through a collaborative and systemic partnerships with other organisations working locally and/or internationally for peace.